Buy Insurance Online

Landlord Insurance

As a landlord, it is important to have Landlord Insurance protection against liability claims which can arise from the ownership, operation, or maintenance of premises. Property owners may be liable to the tenants and their guests for injuries if they fail to keep their premises safe for them.  Bodily injury and property damage claims can occur for any number of reasons and liability insurance is designed to protect you, in most cases regardless of fault.

If you are an owner of the property that you rent or lease out to tenants, you need landlord insurance on your property which also covers you if your property has a covered loss such as fire.  In addition to fire, the most common causes of damage to buildings are smoke, hail, or automobile impact.  Under the property protection oart of the policy you may also obtain income interruption coverage which will repay you lost rental income while the property is unable to be occupied due to a covered loss.

Landlord Insurance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 

What limitations in coverage do I have when my home is vacant?
Most insurers will exclude or severaly reduce coverage limits  if your home is unoccupied for  an extended period of time such as 30 to 60 days or more, or if your home is regularly rented out to a third party.

I pay my premiums why don’t traditional insurers want to protect my vacant or rented home?
There is more exposure and risk from burglary, vandalism, frozen pipes and fire than your principal residence.  Insurers know that knowbody will pay as much attention to your home and its surroundings than you.  They also know that transient guests or vacant properties tend to attract attention, which is not always a good thing.

As a landlord, what am I responsible to my tenant or guest for?
In most cases, you are responsible for the safety and security of that tenant or guest.  Proper maintanence and upkeep are your responsibly.  Unfortunately, you may not always be able to identify an exposure or risk with your limited vists, or that of a management company.  Tenants or Vacant dwelling liability does protect you against these claims, and your main rights are that the insurance company will defend you against these claims.

Our team is standing by to assist you with any questions at 888-588-9413. is the fastest way to get covered for specialized insurance. Get covered from the comfort of your home: fill out the form, enter your information and get a policy.

Our experienced professionals are ready to answer your questions and get your policy issued quickly.

We have activlely specialized in the sports, leisure and special event space for over 10 years.

Insurance Webstore © Copyright 2013. Elite Risk Insurance Solutions, License #0G40499